Ten Things You can Do with Love’n Bake® without a Recipe
This week we are packing our bags for the 2013 Baking Expo, the major baking industry event of the year. While we are away, we thought you might like this list of ways to use our ingredients without a recipe.
- At Home Patisserie – Sandwich together chocolate wafer cookies with Natural Pistachio Nut paste. Dip the edges in melted milk chocolate chips then roll in some crushed chocolate wafers.
- Neapolitan-style Gelato Minus the Plane Fare – Let a pint of your favorite chocolate or espresso ice cream soften slightly. Swirl it with Hazelnut Praline and serve it with crunchy butter cookies.
- Instant Truffles – Roll teaspoon-sized pieces of Marzipan into small balls. Dip in melted chocolate chips then in chopped almonds.
- Warm Chocolate Biscuits – Open a can of refrigerated biscuit dough. Flatten each piece of dough with the palm of your hand. Brush lightly with water. Place a tablespoon of Chocolate “Schmear”® filling in the center of the dough. Fold in half and pinch the edges to seal. Sprinkle with granulated sugar. Bake in a preheated 450ºF oven until firm and golden, about 15 minutes. (Or use Cinnamon “Schmear”® and finely diced pears instead.)
- White and Black Cookies – Slice refrigerated cookie dough into ¼-inch thick slices. Spread half of the slices with Chocolate “Schmear”® filling. Top with a second slice of cookie dough pinching gently to seal the edges. Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet at 350ºF until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Remove from the pan. Let cool for 10 minutes then dust with powdered sugar.
- Two for the Grown-ups – Frost warm brownies with Chocolate “Schmear”® filling, gooey but good. Stir ¼ cup Pistachio Nut Paste into ½ cup of heavy cream. Spread this on warm chocolate cupcakes, a sophisticated taste.
- Double Chocolate Brownies – Swirl spoonfuls of Almond “Schmear”® filling into brownie or blondie batter before baking. Spread the batter to cover. The “Schmear”® stays moist inside. (Try this with Cinnamon “Schmear”®.)
- Instant Elegant Mousse – Fold ½ cup Hazelnut Praline (or Pistachio Nut Paste) into 2 cups of whipped cream. Spoon into wine glasses the dust with cocoa powder to serve.
- Tea Time Toast – Spread warm slices of freshly toasted challah or brioche with Marzipan. Cut them into “fingers” to serve with fresh raspberries or strawberries.
- Poppy Pillows – Slice refrigerated cookie dough into ¼-inch thick slices. Place a scant teaspoon of Poppy Seed Filling in the center of each slice. Fold over the cookie dough pinching gently to seal the edges. Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet at 350ºF until golden brown, about 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from the pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar if desired. (Great with Prune Lekvar or Cinnamon “Schmear”® too.)