Cherry Almond Scones
For the Cherry Almond Scones:
- 250g AP flour
- 30g Natural almond flour
- 15g Baking powder
- 50g Sugar
- 2g Salt
- 80g Cold Butter
- 3g Lemon Zest
- 75g American Almond® Almond Paste
- 150g Dried Cherries
- 230g Heavy Cream
- Combine the flours, baking powder, sugar and salt in a bowl.
- Cut cold pieces of the butter into the flour mixture until a mealy dough with pea-sized bits of butter is formed.
- Toss in the lemon zest.
- Toss the American Almond® Almond Paste and chopped cherries in the flour mixture to coat.
- Stir in the heavy cream to make a dough.
- Shape the dough into a log and freeze slightly before cutting into triangles.
- Brush each scone with heavy cream and sprinkle with sugar and bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 20 minutes.
For the Glaze:
- Prepare a flat icing with 228g of powdered sugar and enough milk to make a thin icing.
- Drizzle the icing over the cooled scones and garnish with American Almond® almond brittle crunch.
Recipe courtesy of American Almond® – www.americanalmond.com