Yield: 40 cookies; #40 scoop
For the Almond Cookies:
- 454g American Almond® almond paste
- 340g Granulated sugar
- 85g Egg Whites
- 29g Egg Yolks
- As needed American Almond® bakers Hungarian lekvar
- As needed granulated almonds
- As needed apricot glaze
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line sheet tray with parchment.
- On slow speed, mix the almond paste with the sugar.
- Gradually add the eggs until it creates a smooth paste.
- Scoop the paste and roll it in the granulated almond.
- Space the cookies out on the lined tray and press the middle of each cookie for the filling.
- Pipe the Hungarian Lekvar into each cavity and bake for 15-18 minutes or until the cookies are lightly browned.
- Brush with apricot glaze immediately after they come out of the oven if desired.