Yield: 12 muffins
For the Almond Butter Oatmeal Muffin:
- 170g Honey or maple syrup
- 135g American Almond® almond butter
- 52g Coconut oil, melted
- 110g Whole eggs
- 10g Vanilla extract
- 227g Whole milk or almond milk
- 100g Quick Oats
- 135g All-purpose flour
- 12g Baking powder
- 3g Sea Salt
- 15g Cocoa Nibs
- 57g Chocolate chips or chunks
- Quick Oats, for topping
- Combine the oats, flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the almond butter and honey. Slowly add in the melted coconut oil.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla, and mix until well combined.
- Gradually add the milk in a few additions, scraping the bowl well after each one.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Fold the inclusions into the batter.
- Scoop and divide the batter evenly between the 12 muffin cavities. Sprinkle each almond butter oatmeal muffin generously with oats.
- Bake at 360°F for approx. 12-15 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle of an almond butter oatmeal muffin comes out clean.