Yield: 15 muffins
For the Almond Butter Carrot Muffins:
- 180g All-purpose flour
- 6g Cinnamon
- 7g Baking soda
- 1g Baking powder
- 5g Salt
- 110g Whole eggs
- 130g Applesauce
- 115g Honey
- 75g Light brown sugar
- 60g Oil
- 150g American Almond® almond butter
- 10g Vanilla extract
- 200g Carrot, shredded with extra moisture squeezed out
- As needed American Almond® granulated almonds
- As needed turbinado sugar
- Preheat the convection oven to 325°F. Put muffin liners in a muffin pan and spray the liners with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix together the eggs, applesauce, honey, light brown sugar, oil, almond butter and vanilla until well combined. Stir in the shredded carrot.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet, and mix until well combined.
- Scoop batter into muffin liners, filling about 2/3 of each cavity.
- Sprinkle the top with some granulated almonds and turbinado sugar.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.