Hazelnut Coffee Bonbon Recipe
For the Hazelnut Praline Crunchy:
- 46g Cacao Barry Alunga, 41%
- 21g Cacao Barry Excellence, 55%
- 18g Cocoa butter
- 0.7g Crunched fleur de sel
- 138g American Almond® praline paste
- 83g American Almond® hazelnut butter
- 58g Feuiletine
- 35g American Almond® hazelnuts, toasted and chopped
- Melt the chocolates and the cocoa butter at 40ºC.
- Combine with fleur de sel, praline paste and hazelnut butter.
- Cool down to 24ºC.
- Add the Feuilletine and the toasted chopped hazelnuts.
For the Coffee Gianduja Ganache:
- 159g Heavy cream
- 33g Fresh ground coffee
- 33g Glucose DE 60
- 220g Cacao Barry melted Gianduja
- 55g Extra bitter Guayaquil, 64%
- Make an infusion with the hot heavy cream and the ground coffee for 10 minutes, then strain and recalculate the initial weight.
- Melt the Gianduja and the extra bitter at 35ºC.
- Reheat the infusion at 40ºC and make a ganache.
- At 28ºC, pipe the ganache into the bonbon shell.
- Let them set in the fridge for 15/20 minutes.
For the Assembly:
- In a 3 cm half sphere mold, spray successively red and white cocoa butter.
- Cast with milk chocolate to make a shell for the hazelnut coffee bonbon.
- Pipe coffee ganache at 2/3 and let crystalize for 20 minutes in the fridge.
- Cast the hazelnut crunch.
- Let them crystalize overnight and close with guitar sheet the following day.
Recipe courtesy of American Almond® – www.americanalmond.com