Created by The French Pastry School
Yield: 99 Hazelnut Bonbons
For the Hazelnut Marzipan:
- 85g Water
- 150g Granulated sugar
- 1 pinch Sea salt
- 335g American Almond® hazelnuts, roasted
- 175g Dark chocolate couverture, 64%, tempered, for spreading
- Bring water, sugar, and sea salt to a boil in a saucepan.
- Grind the hazelnuts in a high-powered food processor for 30 seconds.
- Add the warm syrup to the nuts. Grind for approximately 3 to 5 minutes until the mixture reaches 85°C/ 185°F.
- Allow the marzipan to cool and roll it onto a silicon mat between four ¼” thick bars to create a 11” x 9” rectangle.
- Spread a thin layer of the tempered dark chocolate onto the marzipan using an offset spatula.
- Flip over onto another silicone mat and place four ½” thick bars around the marzipan to create a new frame.
For the Hazelnut Ganache:
- 195g Dark chocolate couverture, 64%
- 185g Heavy cream, 35%
- 15g Trimoline or honey
- 80g American Almond® hazelnut praline paste, 50%
- 20g Butter, unsalted, 82% fat, softened
- 1000g Dark chocolate couverture, 64%, tempered (for dipping)
- In a microwave, melt 195g of the dark chocolate half way in a bowl.
- Bring the cream to a simmer in a saucepan and pour over the chocolate.
- Emulsify with a whisk.
- Add the trimoline, praline paste, soft butter and emulsify with a hand blender.
- Pour the mixture over the marzipan and allow to set in a cool room at 17°C/60°F for 24 hours.
For the Assembly:
- Cut into 1″ squares using a confectionary guitar.
- Dip the bonbon in tempered dark chocolate.
- Decorate as desired.