For the Dough:
- 247g Butter
- 212g Light brown sugar
- 123g American Almond® almond flour
- 100g Whole eggs
- 308g AP flour
- 3g Baking powder
- 5g Vanilla bean
- 2g Sea salt
- Blend everything in the robot coupe together.
- Spread between 2 guitar sheets at 4 mm with the dough sheeter.
- Cut 200 mm round and 2.5 cm bands for the inside of the ring.
For the Dough Assembly:
- Put some butter inside the ring then put a disc of dough.
- Appy the band inside then 450g of cream per shell and finish with another disc of dough.
- Egg wash and bake.
For the Cream:
- 325g Whole milk
- 2g Vanilla bean
- 70g Raw sugar
- 46g Yolks
- 26g Cornstarch
- 11g Diplomatico Rum
- Make a pastry cream and add the rum.
- Chill and fill the shell.
For the Almond Whipped Ganache:
- 176g Heavy cream
- 33g Whole milk
- 18g Gelatin mass
- 55g Almond marzipan
- 39g CB Zephyr, 34%
- 190g Cold heavy cream
- Heat together the heavy cream, whole milk, and gelatin mass.
- Pour over Zephyr and add the almond paste and burr mix together.
- Add the cold heavy cream and burr mix one more time.
For the Apricot Confit:
- 172g Apricot puree
- 2.69g Lime juice
- 2.69g Pectin NH 325
- 23g Sugar
- Heat the puree at 40ºC then add the mix sugar and pectin.
- Bring to a boil.
For the Assembly:
- Bake the Gateau Basque at 150ºC for 40 minutes.
- Cool down and cut in 14 pieces.
- Pipe the apricot confit and finish with almond whipped ganache.
- Finish with some dots of apricot confit and silver leaf.
Recipe courtesy of American Almond® – www.americanalmond.com