Created by The French Pastry School
Yield: 20 Hazelnut Financiers
For the Hazelnut Financier:
- 60g Butter, 82% fat
- 120g Confectionery sugar
- 25g American Almond® almond powder
- 25g American Almond® hazelnut powder
- 35g All-purpose flour
- 1g Baking powder
- 10g Trimoline or honey
- 120g Egg whites
- 5g Vanilla paste
- 20g Candied orange peel, small dice (optional)
- 20g Crushed hazelnuts (optional)
- Prepare brown butter (beurre noisette) by heating in a saucepan. Stir until light brown. Strain and set aside.
- Sift and mix all the dry ingredients (sugar, nut powders, flour, and baking powder) in a mixing bowl.
- Add the vanilla, trimoline, egg whites, and the warm brown butter using a hand whisk.
- Let each hazelnut financier mature overnight.
- Pipe the mixture into a 1 ½ “flexipan” of your choice until it is 2/3 full.
- Sprinkle candied orange peels and crushed hazelnuts on top of each hazelnut financier.
- Dust with confectionery sugar.
- Bake at 375°F /190°C for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cool, unmold, and serve.