For the Pound Cake:
- 207g American Almond® almond paste
- 256g Whole eggs
- 4g Vanilla bean
- 62g Crème Fraiche
- 5g Potato starch
- 51g AP flour
- 87g Butter, melted
- Process the almond paste, whole eggs and vanilla bean in the food processor.
- Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl and whip.
- Fold the Crème Fraiche and then the sifted flour.
- Finish with the butter.
For the Apricot and Peach Confit.:
- 188g Apricot puree
- 188g Peach puree
- 29g Lime juice
- 87g Sugar
- 7.2g Gelan powder
- Melt the purees together.
- Add the mix of sugar and Gelan powder.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cast in a 3 mm frame.
- Cut at 17 cm x 4 cm.
For the Apricot and Peach Pate de Fruit:
- 154g Apricot puree
- 154g Peach puree
- 16g Lime juice
- 34g Sugar 1
- 7.6g Yellow pectin
- 80g Glucose de 40
- 350g Sugar 2
- 3.2g Citric acid solution
- Melt the purees and add the sugar 1 with the pectin.
- Bring to a boil, add the glucose and then sugar 2.
- Cook at 75 Brix, add the citric acid solution and cast in a 9 mm frame.
- Cut at 2 cm x 2 cm.
For the Assembly:
Mold needed: pound cake mold 18 cm x 6 cm x 7 cm
- Cast the confit in a 3 mm frame and cut rectangles at 17 cm x 4 cm. Keep frozen.
- Line the pound cake mold with parchment.
- Pipe 90g of cake batter in the mold and then one layer of the frozen confit.
- Repeat this operation 2 times and finish with another layer of batter to finalize the assembly.
- Back at 160ºC for about 32 minutes with the vent closed.
- Decorate the travel cakes with pate de fruit and sliced almonds.