Yield: 1 half sheet tray of brownies
For the Chocolate Hazelnut Brownies:
- 454g Unsalted butter
- 270g American Almond® praline paste
- 792g Granulated sugar
- 440g Whole eggs
- 10g Vanilla extract
- 420g All purpose flour
- 84g Cocoa powder
- 6g Sea salt
- 200g American Almond® whole hazelnuts, raw, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Grease and line a half sheet tray with parchment paper and nonstick cooking spray.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, and salt together and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, slowly melt the butter and praline paste together while stirring continuously. Once melted and combined, remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Add the sugar in, followed by the eggs and vanilla, and mix until fully incorporated.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients and mix until the batter is fully homogenized.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared sheet tray and sprinkle the chopped hazelnut evenly on top. Press the nuts down gently if needed.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out with only a few crumbs.
- Let the brownies cool completely in the pan. Once cooled, cut into desired serving size.