For the Croissant:
- 750g Bread flour
- 15g Crushed fleur de sel
- 90g Sugar
- 15g Honey
- 112g Butter, cubed
- 48g Fresh yeast
- 150g Milk, 4ºC
- 210g Water, 4ºC
- 375g Butter sheet
- Mix the dough for 7 minutes (speed one).
- Let it rise for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Degaz and put in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Let it rest in the fridge overnight.
- Incorporate butter and give a double fold.
- Let it rest in the freezer for 30 to 45 minutes and give a single fold.
- Laminate at 3 mm.
For the Raspberry Almond Cream:
- 190g Raspberry puree
- 51g Sugar
- 20g Cornstarch
- 238g American Almond® almond marzipan
- Make a pastry cream with raspberry puree, sugar, and cornstarch.
- In the food processor, combine the raspberry cream and the almond marzipan.
For the Rose Glaze:
- 413g Powdered sugar
- 74g Water
- 12g Rose essence (drops)
- Combine everything together and brush on the baked croissant.
For the Assembly:
- Laminate the dough at 3 mm thick and cut triangles at 9 cm base by 32 cm high.
- Pipe the raspberry filling at the base and roll the croissant.
- Let proof for 2.5 hours and bake at 160ºC for 18 minutes.
- Once cooled off, glaze the croissants with the rose glaze and sprinkle with freeze-dried raspberries.
Recipe courtesy of American Almond® – www.americanalmond.com