Created by The French Pastry School
Yield: 18 Almond Croissants
For the Almond Cream:
- 180g Butter, 82%
- 200g Confectionery sugar
- 1g Sea salt
- 180g American Almond® blanched almond powder
- 10g Pastry cream powder or cornstarch
- 120g Whole eggs
- Mix the butter and confectionery sugar in a stand mixer with a paddle attachment.
- Add the salt, nut powder, and pastry cream powder.
- Gradually add the eggs until the mixture comes together.
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer.
For the Almond Syrup:
- 250g Water
- 300g Granulated Sugar
- 25g American Almond® blanched almond powder
- 2 drops Almond extract
- 15g Orange water
- Bring to a boil the water, sugar, almond powder, almond extract, and orange water.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let the syrup infuse over a bain marie for 15 minutes.
- Cool the syrup and store in the refrigerator until needed.
For the Assembly:
- 18 Croissants
- 100g American Almond® sliced almonds
- 100g Confectionery sugar
- Cut each croissant in half horizontally and dip the halves in the syrup. Let the croissants drip on a wire rack to remove the excess syrup. Transfer them to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Spread a 1/8-inch layer of almond cream in the middle of the bottom half of each croissant.
- Cover with the top halves and pipe a small amount of almond cream on the top of each croissant. Sprinkle with sliced almonds and confectioners sugar.
- Bake the croissants for approximately 20 minutes until golden brown at 160ºC / 320ºF. Dust the baked croissants with additional confectioners sugar.
- Cool and serve.