For the pâte à choux:
- 82g Water
- 82g Whole milk
- 74g Butter
- 5g Granulated sugar
- 2g Sea salt
- 90g Flour
- 164g Whole eggs
- Boil the milk, water, butter, sea salt, & sugar.
- Add the flour and keep the heat on for a bit to make it dry.
- Transfer in a mixing bowl and add the eggs progressively.
- Pipe on a silpain in eclair shape.
- Bake at 160° C for 20 to 25 minutes then switch. Add 5 to 10 minutes if necessary.
For the hazelnut filling:
- 470g Egg whites
- 680g Granulated sugar
- 1,190g Butter
- 5g Vanilla
- 275g American Almond® hazelnut butter
- Combine the sugar and egg whites over a bain marie, whisking gently continuously until the mixture reaches 60° C.
- Transfer the egg white mixture into the bowl of a Kitchen Aid mixer fitted with the whip; whip on high speed until a fluffy, medium peak meringue is formed.
- Add the vanilla to the meringue and switch to a flat paddle.
- Meanwhile cream the American Almond® hazelnut butter and the unsalted butter together.
- Add the creamed butter to the meringue and stir until a homogeneous buttercream is formed.
- Pipe into eclairs.
- Glaze finished hazelnut eclairs as desired and top with whole hazelnuts.
Recipe courtesy of American Almond® – www.americanalmond.com