For the Chocolate Almond Cake:
- 425g American Almond® Almond Paste
- 350g Whole Eggs
- 65g Unsalted Butter, soft (A)
- 125g All Purpose Flour
- 10g Baking Powder
- 50g Cacao Barry® Plein Arôme Cocoa Powder
- 250g Egg Whites
- 200g Granulated Sugar
- 125g Callebaut® 70-30 dark chocolate
- 50g Unsalted Butter (B)
- Combine all dry ingredients, sift together, and set aside.
- Cream Almond Paste with the soft butter (A) until well combined. Add the whole eggs in gradually.
- Whip the egg whites and sugar together to a medium peak consistency.
- While the meringue is mixing, melt chocolate together with butter (B), and add them in to the creamed mixture.
- Make a liaison with a third of the meringue and chocolate mixture.
- Fold in the dry ingredients.
- Fold in the remaining meringue.
- Pipe batter into a fleximold.
- Bake in a convection oven at 300°F for approximately 11 to 12 minutes.
For the Cassis Ganache:
- 200g Heavy Cream
- 185g Granulated Sugar
- 75g Glucose
- 15g Light Amber Honey
- 70g Unsalted Butter
- 250g Cacao Barry® Origine Tanzanie 75% dark chocolate
- 100g Blackcurrant Purée
- 20g Crème de Cassis
- Dissolve the sugars and butter in cream over low heat to 50°C
- Melt the chocolate to 45°C.
- Melt and warm the purée to 30°C; then add to chocolate.
- Combine the chocolate and cream mixtures in a Robot Coupe or with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Add the Crème de Cassis at the end.
- Pipe ganache into cake.
- Decorate as desired or with buttercream and Callebaut Mini Crispearls.
Recipe courtesy of American Almond® – www.americanalmond.com