40 almond button cookies; #40 scoop
- 454g American Almond® Almond Paste
- 340g Granulated Sugar
- 85g Egg Whites
- 29g Egg Yolks
- American Almond® Granulated Almonds as needed
- Apricot Glaze as needed
- Dark Chocolate, tempered as needed
- American Almond® Whole Almonds, roasted as needed
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line sheet tray with parchment.
- On slow speed, mix the almond paste with the sugar.
- Gradually add the eggs until it creates a smooth paste.
- Scoop the paste and roll it in the granulated almond.
- Space the cookies out on the lined tray and bake for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Brush with apricot glaze immediately after they come out of the oven, if desired.
- Optional: drizzle the almond button cookies with tempered dark chocolate and place one piece of whole almond in the middle of the cookie before the chocolate sets.
Recipe courtesy of American Almond® – www.americanalmond.com