Yield: 40 almond button cookies; #40 scoop
- 454g American Almond® Almond Paste
- 340g Granulated Sugar
- 85g Egg Whites
- 29g Egg Yolks
- American Almond® Granulated Almonds as needed
- Apricot Glaze as needed
- Dark Chocolate, tempered as needed
- American Almond® Whole Almonds, roasted as needed
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line sheet tray with parchment.
- On slow speed, mix the almond paste with the sugar.
- Gradually add the eggs until it creates a smooth paste.
- Scoop the paste and roll it in the granulated almond.
- Space the cookies out on the lined tray and bake for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Brush with apricot glaze immediately after they come out of the oven, if desired.
- Optional: drizzle the almond button cookies with tempered dark chocolate and place one piece of whole almond in the middle of the cookie before the chocolate sets.