Yield: 10-12 mini bundt cakes
- 227g Butter, room temperature
- 213g Granulated sugar
- 165g Whole eggs
- 300g All-purpose flour
- 9g Baking powder
- 7g Baking soda
- 6g Salt
- 227g Sour cream
- 227g American Almond® baker’s style poppy seed filling
- 5g Vanilla extract
- Grated rind and juice of one lemon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Cream butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time, blending well.
- Add the flour into butter mixture alternating with sour cream. Stir in lemon rind and juice. Reserve ½ cup of batter and put the rest into a piping bag.
- Combine the reserved batter with the American Almond® Baker’s Style Poppy Seed Filling and vanilla. Put the poppy seed batter into a piping bag as well.
- Pipe some plain batter into the mini Bundt cake pan or flex molds. Pipe some of the poppy seed batter on top of it and then finish it with more plain batter to enclose the poppy seed filling in the middle. Add some extra swirling with a wooden skewer or toothpick, if desired.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the poppy butter mini bundt cake comes out clean.