Yield: 12 mini amaretto cheesecakes
For the Crust:
- 142g American Almond® whole natural almonds
- 255g Chocolate wafer cookies
- 50g Granulated sugar
- 85g Unsalted butter, melted
For the Filling:
- 142g American Almond® almond paste
- 113g Granulated sugar
- 680g Cream cheese, room temperature
- 14g Amaretto liqueur
- 160g Whole eggs
- Line a large muffin pan with corresponding paper muffin cups.
- Toast the American Almond® whole natural almonds for about 8-10 minutes in a 325ºF oven or until the almonds are lightly browned and fragrant. Cool the almonds.
- To make the crust, place the toasted almonds in a food processor and process the almonds until they are chopped nicely. Add in the chocolate wafer cookies and the sugar and grind to a fine crumb. Mix in the melted butter. Press the crumb mixture into an even layer in the bottom of the muffin cups. Bake at 350ºF until the crust has dried (about 8-10 minutes).
- To make the filling, mix the American Almond® almond paste and sugar in a mixer with a paddle attachment until combined and softened. Mix in the cream cheese on low speed and scrape. Continue mixing on medium speed until this mixture lightens further for about 4 minutes, scraping.
- Add in the amaretto followed by the eggs added a quarter at a time, scraping between additions.
- Fill the muffin cups with cheesecake batter about ¾ of the way up the sides of the cup. Bake at about 280ºF until the cheesecakes barely jiggle in the center. Cool the cheesecakes and remove from the paper cups before serving.