Yield: 3 dozen pieces
- 257g American Almond® almond paste
- 113g Unsalted butter softened
- 227g Granulated sugar
- 155g Whole eggs
- 5.8g Vanilla extract
- 3g Almond extract
- 428g All-purpose flour
- 11.9g Baking powder
- 3.8g Salt
- 92g American Almond® sliced natural almonds
- 100g Dried cherries, chopped
- Cream the American Almond® almond paste with the sugar until well blended in a mixer with paddle attachment. Add the butter and cream until smooth.
- Add the eggs with the extracts and cream until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the flour, baking powder and salt until the dough comes together. Add in the American Almond Sliced Natural Almonds and cherries last.
- Divide the dough into 1 lb portions and roll each portion into a log about 2 ½ inches wide by 13 ½ inches long.
- Bake until the dough becomes golden brown and firm, about 30-35 minutes at 350F.
- Cool just slightly, and slice the logs on a bias into ½” thick pieces. Put the slices on their sides and bake them further for about 15-20 minutes.
Variation: Eliminate the dried fruit and sliced almonds and substitute in 1 oz Anise seeds and 4 oz American Almond Whole Natural Almonds.