Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- 250g all-purpose flour
- 2g salt
- 170g unsalted butter, cold, cut into 8 pieces
- 75g ice water
- 125g Love’n Bake® “Schmear” ® Almond Filling
- 3 to 4 large apples, peeled, cored and cut into very thin slices
- 15g butter, cut into thin slices
- 45g granulated sugar
- Combine the flour, salt and cold butter in the bowl of a food processor fitted and pulse with the metal blade. The butter should stay in visible pea-sized pieces. Add the cold water and pulse a few times to moisten the dough.
- Gather the dough up, roll into a disk, and wrap it in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least one hour before rolling.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface to form a 14-inch circle. Transfer the dough to a paper-lined baking sheet.
- Spread the Almond Schmear evenly over the dough leaving a 2-inch (5 cm) border along the edges blank. Start placing apple slices over the almond filling about 1-inch from the outside edge of the dough. Place the slices so that they overlap slightly working around the edge in a circular pattern.
- Fold the edges of the dough over covering the first circle of apples. Brush the crust with an egg wash. Dot the apple slices with the thin slices of butter then sprinkle evenly with granulated sugar.
- Bake at 350°F until the crust is browned and apples are slightly darkened on top, 50 to 55 minutes.