Yield: 12 to 15 muffins
For the Streusel Topping:
- 50g Granulated sugar
- 65g Love’n Bake® Almond Paste
- 60g Unsalted butter, softened
- 50g All-purpose flour
For the Batter:
- 325g All-purpose flour
- 50g Oat Bran
- 10g Baking powder
- 5g Baking soda
- 2g Salt
- 115g Unsalted butter, room temperature
- 115g Granulated sugar
- 150g American Almond® almond paste
- 60g Whole eggs
- 5g Lemon juice
- 225g Buttermilk
- 2 ½ c Cranberries or blueberries or a combination
- Powdered sugar for garnish
- Grated zest of one lemon
- For the topping, blend the sugar, American Almond® Almond Paste, butter and flour in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade until the crumbly mixture is well combined. Set aside.
- For the batter, preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease then line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners or spray individual silicone muffin cups with pan release spray.
- Stir together the flour, oat bran, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Cream the butter, sugar and American Almond® Almond Paste in the bowl of a mixer fitted with the paddle. Scrape the bowl. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Stir in the lemon juice and zest.
- Stir in the flour mixture alternating with the buttermilk in three additions. Fold in the cranberries.
- Divide the batter evenly between the muffin cups. Sprinkle each generously with the streusel. Bake until risen and well browned about 35 to 40 minutes. Cool the muffins about 10 minutes before eating. Dust the cooled muffins with powdered sugar before serving.
This batter may be kept refrigerated for 48 hours. Use it to bake smaller batches for fresh muffins over a long weekend. The baked muffins also keep well for 3 weeks in the freezer when stored in a well-sealed container.