two 8″ cheesecakes
- 454g plain granola
- 170g unsalted butter, melted
- 1,530g cream cheese, room temperature
- 397g granulated sugar
- 340g whole eggs
- 28g cake flour
- 9g vanilla extract
- 397g heavy cream
- 142g American Almond Roasted Almond Butter
- To make the crust, place the granola in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse the mixture until it resembles coarse meal. Mix the melted butter into this. Press this mixture into the bottom of two 8-inch round spring-form pans. Bake at 375F until the crust is dry – about 12 to 15 minutes.
- To make the filling, blend the cream cheese and sugar on low speed in a mixer with a paddle attachment until smooth. Scrape as needed.
- Add the eggs a quarter at a time and scrape between additions. Add in the flour just until combined, followed by the vanilla extract and heavy cream.
- Set aside 18 oz of the batter. Stir the American Almond Roasted Almond Butter into this batter.
- Divide the remaining cheesecake batter evenly between pans.
- Fill a piping bag with the Almond cheesecake batter and pipe swirls on top of the cheesecake batter in the spring-form pan. Take a knife or skewer and drag it through the cheesecake to create a marbled effect.
- Bake the cheesecakes in a 300F oven with a water bath halfway up the sides. Bake until set, about 60-75 minutes.
- Cool the cakes on a wire rack in their pans, and refrigerate or freeze overnight. Remove from the pan and decorate/serve as desired.
Recipe courtesy of American Almond® – www.americanalmond.com