Yield: approximately 30 bars
- 170g butter, at room temperature
- 250g powdered sugar
- 2g Kosher or flaked salt
- 215g all-purpose flour
- 285g American Almond® Almond Schmear
- 225g mini chocolate chips
- 250g dried cherries or cranberries
- 125g chopped roasted salted almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a 9 x 13-inch pan with parchment paper. Grease the edges of the pan.
- Cream the butter, sugar, and salt.
- Add the flour and blend until combined into a smooth dough. Scrape the dough into a ball. If the dough is very soft, chill it for 15 minutes.
- Press the dough out evenly on the bottom of the parchment-lined pan. Bake the dough until set and lightly browned, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Allow the dough to cool slightly then evenly spread the Almond Schmear over the surface of the dough.
- Combine the chocolate chips, dried cherries and chopped almonds in a small bowl then scatter the mixture evenly over the Schmear-covered dough.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake until the chips melt and the filling bubbles slightly, about 18 to 20 minutes.
- Garnish with white chocolate drizzle or diced candied fruit.