Yield: 8 to 10 servings
For the Topping:
- 50g Unsalted butter, melted
- 75g Light brown sugar
- 150g Blueberries, ripe or frozen
- Butter as needed
For the Batter:
- 180g Cake flour
- 8g Baking powder
- 2g Salt
- 110g Light brown sugar
- 150g American Almond® almond paste
- 60g Unsalted butter, room temperature
- 60g Whole eggs, room temperature
- 5g Lemon juice
- 2g Lemon zest, grated
- 75g Buttermilk, room temperature
- 225g Ripe or frozen blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Butter an 8″ round cake pan. Brush the melted butter on the bottom and sides of the cake pan. Sprinkle in the brown sugar. Add the blueberries.
- For the batter, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl.
- In the bowl of a mixer fitted with the paddle, beat the brown sugar, American Almond® Almond Paste, and butter until smooth. Add eggs, lemon juice, and zest. Alternate the flour mixture and buttermilk until combined.
- Scrape half of the batter into the blueberry-lined soufflé dish. Top with the blueberries. Add the remaining batter then level it with a spatula.
- Bake the cake until it is lightly browned, approximately 45 to 50 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven. Immediately invert it onto a flat serving dish.
- Once cool, drizzle the cake with white icing (powdered sugar + milk) and garnish with American Almond® Almond Brittle Crunch.