Yield: 8 to 12 servings of pear frangipane tart
For Poaching Liquid for the Pears:
- 1 L Water
- 454g Granulated sugar
- 60g Honey
- 10g Vanilla
- 1 bottle of white wine
- 8 whole black peppercorns
- 4 whole cloves
- Combine all ingredients in a pot and bring to a slight boil.
- Poach peeled and halved pears until tender. Use a cheesecloth or parchment paper circle to keep the pears submerged.
For the Frangipane:
- 227g American Almond® almond paste
- 28g Granulated sugar
- 113g Butter
- 28g Cake flour
- 113g Whole eggs
- Mix almond paste and sugar until crumbly.
- Add butter and mix until smooth.
- Add eggs and flour alternately.
For the Pear Frangipane Tart Dough:
- 85g Unsalted butter
- 57g Powdered sugar
- 28g Egg yolks
- 3.5g Teaspoon salt
- 5g Vanilla extract
- 40g American Almond® blanched almond flour
- 145g All-purpose flour
- Line 4″ tart pan with dough.
- Fill with frangipane.
- Top with fanned poached pears.
- Bake at 350°F until browned.
- Glaze each pear frangipane tart with apricot glaze.