- 1.25g Yeast, Active Dry
- 26g Warm Water
- 117g All Purpose Flour
- 23g Granulated Sugar
- 1 each Vanilla Bean, scraped
- 0.1g Allspice, ground
- 44g Butter, cold
- 25g Whole Eggs
- Sprinkle the yeast on top of the warm water and let this sit for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the flour, sugar, vanilla bean and allspice.
- Cut the butter into the dry mixture in pea size pieces.
- Mix the eggs and the yeast into the dry ingredients and knead together until a dough has formed. Cover this and let this sit for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Divide the dough into medium size scoops and roll into a ball. Flatten this out in a hot thin waffle iron and cook to golden brown.
- While the waffle is still warm, cut with a round cutter, and slice in half horizontally.
- If needed, coat the insides of the waffle halves with tempered white chocolate to prevent the waffle from becoming soggy.
- 43g Apricot Puree
- 80g Granulated Sugar
- 43g Water
- a drop of Lemon Juice
- 21g Butter, soft
- Warm up the heavy cream. Set it aside and keep it warm.
- Combine the sugar, water and the lemon juice in a saucepan. Turn the heat up high. Cook this without stirring until it turns a medium amber color. Wash down the sides of the pan with a wet pastry brush as needed to prevent crystallization.
- As soon as it becomes a medium amber color, slowly stream in the warm cream while gently stirring. After the cream is added in, stir in the softened butter until combined.
Pistachio Pastry Cream
- 227g Whole Milk
- 28g Whole Eggs
- 15g Egg Yolks
- 14g Cornstarch
- 35g Granulated Sugar
- 21g Butter
- 126g American Almond® Pistachio Paste
- Add a third of the milk to the cornstarch and whisk until there are no lumps.
- Bring the remainder of the whole milk to a boil with the granulated sugar.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs and yolks into the cornstarch mixture.
- Temper this egg mixture into the boiling milk and cook while stirring vigorously until the pastry cream has thickened considerably.
- Immediately transfer the pastry cream to the bowl of a mixer add in the butter and mix on medium speed for a few minutes or until the butter is melted in. Turn the mixer to low speed and mix until it has reached room temperature.
- Add the American Almond Pistachio Paste in and chill the pastry cream before use.
Assembly for Pistachio Waffle Sandwich
- Make all components for the pistachio waffle sandwich and a standard white chocolate ganache.
- Using a straight round piping tip (#806), pipe dollops of pastry cream alternating with white chocolate ganache around the edge of the interior of the thin waffle.
- Fill the middle of this “ring” with apricot caramel and place the other thin waffle half on top.