- Yeast, Active Dry 1.25 grams
- Warm Water 26 grams
- All Purpose Flour 117 grams
- Granulated Sugar 23 grams
- Vanilla Beans, scraped 1 each
- Allspice, ground 0.1 gram
- Butter, cold 44 grams
- Eggs 25 grams
- Sprinkle the yeast on top of the warm water and let this sit for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the flour, sugar, vanilla bean and allspice.
- Cut the butter into the dry mixture in pea size pieces.
- Mix the eggs and the yeast into the dry ingredients and knead together until a dough has formed. Cover this and let this sit for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Divide the dough into medium size scoops and roll into a ball. Flatten this out in a hot thin waffle iron and cook to golden brown.
- While the waffle is still warm, cut with a round cutter, and slice in half horizontally.
- If needed, coat the insides of the waffle halves with tempered white chocolate to prevent the waffle from becoming soggy.
- Apricot Puree 43 grams
- Granulated Sugar 80 grams
- Water 43 grams
- Lemon Juice A drop
- Butter, soft 21 grams
- Warm up the heavy cream. Set it aside and keep it warm.
- Combine the sugar, water and the lemon juice in a saucepan. Turn the heat up high. Cook this without stirring until it turns a medium amber color. Wash down the sides of the pan with a wet pastry brush as needed to prevent crystallization.
- As soon as it becomes a medium amber color, slowly stream in the warm cream while gently stirring. After the cream is added in, stir in the softened butter until combined.
Pistachio Pastry Cream
- Whole Milk 227 grams
- Eggs 28 grams
- Egg Yolks 15 grams
- Cornstarch 14 grams
- Granulated Sugar 35 grams
- Butter 21 grams
- American Almond Pistachio Paste 126 grams