Hazelnut bonbon filled with hazelnut gianduja and dark chocolate ganache
- 200g Van Leer Henna 41% Milk Chocolate
- 130g American Almond® Hazelnut Praline
- Temper the Van Leer Henna Milk Chocolate.
- Mix in the American Almond® Hazelnut Praline and immediately pipe halfway up the chocolate lined molds.
Dark Chocolate Ganache
- 200g Van Leer Bel Noir 54% dark chocolate
- 160g Heavy Cream
- 20g Glucose
- 25g Cocoa Nibs
- Bring the heavy cream and glucose to a boil.
- Pour over the Van Leer Bel Noir 54% dark chocolate. Let this sit for a minute and then stir to emulsify.
- Mix in the cocoa nibs.
- Allow this ganache to cool to 28 degrees Celsius and then pipe up the sides to fill the remainder of the hollow shell.
- Line the empty shell molds with tempered Bel Noir 54% dark chocolate. Let this set.
- Make the Hazelnut Gianduja and pipe this halfway up the sides of the chocolate lined shells. Let this set.
- Make the Dark Chocolate ganache, let this cool and pipe the remainder of the way to just under the top of the molds. Let this crystallize overnight.
- The next day, cap off the bonbons with tempered Bel Noir 54%, scrape flat and allow this to crystallize in the molds before un-molding the bonbons.
Recipe courtesy of American Almond® – www.americanalmond.com