Coconut Oat Crumble
- All Purpose Flour 5 oz
- American Almond Coconut Crunch 8 oz
- Oats 4.7 oz
- Granulated Sugar 6 oz
- Butter, melted 8 oz
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a mixer with a paddle attachment.
- Add in the butter and mix this until everything turns crumbly. Refrigerate the crumble to chill overnight before baking.
- The next day, break up the larger pieces, spread on a parchment lined sheet tray and bake the crumble at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until it turns golden brown (about 20 minutes).
Almond Pastry Cream
- Whole Milk 19.2 oz
- Eggs 2.4 fl oz
- Egg Yolks 1.2 fl oz
- Cornstarch 2.4 oz
- Granulated Sugar 3 oz
- Butter 1.8 oz
- American Almond Almond Butter 4.5 oz
- Add a 1/3 of the whole milk to the cornstarch and whisk this together until there are no lumps.
- Bring the remaining milk to a boil with the granulated sugar.
- Meanwhile, add the eggs and egg yolks to the cornstarch mixture and whisk together.
- When the milk boils, temper in the egg mixture to the hot milk and whisk vigorously until the pastry cream thickens considerably.
- Immediately transfer this to an electric mixer, place the butter on top and turn the mixer on medium speed to melt the butter. After the butter is melted, turn the mixer on low speed and continue mixing until the pastry cream is room temperature.
- Add the American Almond Almond Butter in last. Chill the pastry cream.
- Gelatin Leaves 4 each
- Egg Whites 2 oz
- Sugar 4 oz
- Coconut Puree 9 oz
- Heavy Cream 11.2 fl oz
- American Almond Coconut Crunch 4 oz
- Bloom the gelatin in cold water.
- Whip the heavy cream to a medium peak.
- Make an Italian meringue with the egg whites and sugar. Whip this to soft peaks.
- Squeeze the remaining cold water out of the gelatin sheets and dissolve the gelatin by heating it in the coconut puree carefully.
- Make sure that the puree is about 85 to 90 degrees Fahrenheit and add 1/3 of the puree to the meringue, folding, then fold the meringue into the other 2/3 of the puree. Fold the whipped cream in last followed by the American Almond Coconut Crunch.
- Pipe or ladle into molds immediately.
Directions for Assembly
- Fill a piping bag with the almond pastry cream and pipe this mixture a third of the way up the parfait glasses.
- Top this with the coconut crumble.
- After these components are assembled, make the coconut mousse and immediately pipe this on top of the coconut crumble layer.
- Garnish the parfait as desired.