197g all-purpose flour
29g American Almond Pistachio Flour
225g cake flour
5g baking powder
284g unsalted butter, at room temperature
170g cream cheese, at room temperature
128g American Almond Pistachio Butter
645g granulated sugar
6 large eggs, at room temperature
10g vanilla extract
170g American Almond Granulated Pistachios
- Sift together the flours, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment
- Cream the butter, cream cheese, and pistachio butter together for a few minutes on medium high speed
- Reduce the speed to low and slowly add in the granulated sugar and continue to beat on medium high until mixture is light and fluffy
- Scrape down the sides and bottom of bowl to ensure even mixing
- Once the mixture is completely smooth, add the eggs one at a time and mix well after each addition
- Add the vanilla and mix once more
- Reduce the speed to low and gradually add the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Add in the granulated pistachio. Do not overmix the batter.
- Divid or pipe the batter into a pan that has been lined with parchment paper, sprayed, and dusted with flour or a fleximold.
- Bake at 290 Fahrenheit for 1 hour and 35 minutes. Rotating the pans halfway through baking. The cake should be golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle should come out clean.
- Once the cakes are cooled, unmold and top with pistachio buttercream or ganache topped with pistachio brittle crunch.