- 197g all-purpose flour
- 29g American Almond Pistachio Flour
- 225g cake flour
- 5g baking powder
- 5g salt
- 284g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 170g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 128g American Almond Pistachio Butter
- 645g granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs, at room temperature
- 10g vanilla extract
- 170g American Almond Granulated Pistachios
- Buttercream topping
- Sift together the flours, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment
- Cream the butter, cream cheese, and pistachio butter together for a few minutes on medium high speed
- Reduce the speed to low and slowly add in the granulated sugar and continue to beat on medium high until mixture is light and fluffy
- Scrape down the sides and bottom of bowl to ensure even mixing
- Once the mixture is completely smooth, add the eggs one at a time and mix well after each addition
- Add the vanilla and mix once more
- Reduce the speed to low and gradually add the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Add in the granulated pistachio. Do not overmix the batter.
- Divid or pipe the batter into a pan that has been lined with parchment paper, sprayed, and dusted with flour or a fleximold.
- Bake at 290 Fahrenheit for 1 hour and 35 minutes. Rotating the pans halfway through baking. The cake should be golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle should come out clean.
- Once the cakes are cooled, unmold and top with pistachio buttercream or ganache topped with pistachio brittle crunch.