Yield: Approximately 2 ½ dozen, 1 ½-inch almond sablé cookies
For the Almond Sablé Cookies:
- 5 oz Unsalted butter, softened
- 1.8 oz American Almond® blanched almond flour, sifted
- 1 oz Powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 Egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1 t Vanilla extract
- 6 oz All-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/2 t Salt
- 1 Egg beat with 1 teaspoon of water
- Sliced almonds or pearl sugar for garnish, optional
- Cream the butter, American Almond® blanched almond flour and powdered sugar on low speed until smooth yet still cool. Scrape the bowl. Mix in the egg and vanilla.
- Blend in the flour and salt, mixing just until the dough comes together.
- Form the dough into a ball. Wrap it in plastic. Refrigerate the dough for at least 8 hours.
- Roll out the dough ¼-inch thick on a lightly floured surface. Cut the dough into 1 ½-inch rounds using a fluted cutter. Transfer the dough cut-outs onto parchment-lined baking sheets spaced about 1-inch apart.
- Lightly score the top of each dough cut-out with a sharp knife in a crisscross pattern. Brush the dough cut-outs with the egg wash. Refrigerate the dough for 20 minutes. Brush the dough again with egg wash then sprinkle each cut-out generously with sliced blanched almonds or pearl sugar if desired.
- Bake the almond sablé cookies at 350°F until evenly golden for approximately 15 to 20 minutes.