Yield: Approximately 9 dozen pastries
Recipe Courtesy of:American Almond Products
|American Cinnamon “Schmear” Filling||2|
|American Almond Products Roasted Granulated Almonds||as needed|
- Roll out the puff pastry into an even rectangle about 10 x 40 inches and ¼-inch thick.
- Spread an even layer of American Almond Cinnamon “Schmear” Filling over the puff pastry. (To make it easier to spread, transfer the “Schmear” into a microwave safe bowl and heat it for 10 to 30 seconds.)
- Using a rolling cutter, cut the puff pastry in half horizontally. Then cut the dough into ½-inch-wide strips. Sprinkle the coated dough lightly with American Almond Roasted Granulated Almonds.
- Twist each strip of dough three or four times. Place the twisted dough spaced an inch apart on parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake the dough until well puffed and golden brown, about 15 to 18 minutes. Cool the pastries on a wire rack.
Variation: Almond Puff Twists
- Use our Almond “Schmear” Filling in place of the Cinnamon “Schmear”