Yield: Approximately 5.5 lbs
For the Basic Ice Cream Base for Plain Ice Cream and Gelato:
- 1200g Whole milk
- 480g Powdered dextrose
- 360g Powdered glucose
- 2160g Granulated sugar
- 300g Powdered skim milk
- 95g Stabilizer
- Combine the whole milk, powdered dextrose, and glucose, sugar, powdered skim milk and stabilizer in a saucepan.
- Heat the mixture, stirring constantly to 180°F. Cool down completely.
For the Finished Frozen Pistachio Gelato (Ice Cream):
- 1925g Basic ice cream base
- 25g Whole milk
- 125g Granulated sugar
- 195g Heavy cream
- 25g Powdered skim milk
- 195g American Almond® pistachio paste
- Combine 1925 grams of the Basic Ice Cream Base with the whole milk, sugar, cream, powdered skim milk, and American Almond® pistachio paste.
- Quickly chill the ice cream base over an ice bath. Refrigerate the ice cream base overnight.
- Pour into batch freezer and churn.
- Garnish scoops of the Pistachio Gelato with American Almond® brittle crunch.