Yield: 50 to 60 Chocolate Bonbons
For the Hazelnut Nougatine Silvers:
- 7 oz American Almond® sliced filberts (hazelnuts)
- 6 oz Glucose or corn syrup
- 6 oz Pastry or patisserie fondant
- 1/4 t Salt
- 1 oz Unsalted butter
- 32 oz Barry Callebaut 811 or 835 NV bittersweet chocolate couverture for enrobing
- American Almond® hazelnut brittle crunch as needed
- Toast the American Almond® sliced filberts until lightly golden and fragrant in a 350°F oven. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan placed over an induction cooktop, melt and heat the glucose until it comes to a boil. Add the fondant without stirring.
- Cook to a golden honey color and remove it from heat.
- Immediately stir in sliced filberts, salt and butter until combined.
- Roll the nougatine out between two silicone baking mats to a thickness of approximately 1/8 inch. If the nougatine stiffens, reheat it in a 300°F oven until it is, once again, malleable.
- When cooled, break the nougatine into irregular-sized pieces.
- Enrobe the nougatine in the tempered Barry Callebaut bittersweet chocolate Imprint with a dipping fork. Decorate with American Almond® hazelnut brittle crunch.