Yield: 36 Chocolate Bonbons
For the Bonbons:
- 6 oz Heavy cream
- 1 oz Fresh ginger
- 1 Whole lime, grated fine
- 5 oz Barry Callebaut® C823 NV, milk chocolate callets
- 5 oz Barry Callebaut® 811 NV, bittersweet chocolate callets
- 1 oz Inverted sugar
- 1 oz Unsalted butter, softened
- 32 oz Barry Callebaut® 811 or 835 NV, bittersweet chocolate couverture for enrobing
- American Almond® almond brittle crunch as needed
- Bring the heavy cream, ginger and lime zest to a boil in a small saucepan. Remove it from heat and let the mixture steep for 10 minutes.
- Strain the cream mixture through a fine mesh chinois and then reheat it to near the boiling point.
- Place the Barry Callebaut® milk and bittersweet chocolate callets into a large bowl. Pour the cream mixture over the chocolate and stir until well combined. Stir in the invert sugar and butter.
- Spread the ganache out onto a firm acetate sheet to a thickness of approximately ¼ inch. Place a sheet of acetate on top of the ganache. Allow it to crystallize overnight.
- Remove the top layer of acetate. To ensure easy enrobing, coat the surface of the ganache with a thin layer of tempered chocolate or melted cocoa butter.
- Cut the crystallized ganache into desired shapes then enrobe them in the tempered Barry Callebaut® bittersweet chocolate. Immediately position a piece of gold leaf on top of each bonbon. Then position a small square of acetate on top of the gold leaf so that it covers approximately 50% of the surface of each bonbon. Decorate the unexposed surface with some of the American Almond® almond brittle crunch.