Yield: Approximately 48 almond brittle crunch doughnuts
For the Almond Brittle Crunch Doughnuts:
- 48 pieces Doughnut dough
- 3 lbs Powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/4 t Salt
- 2 oz Light corn syrup
- 4 oz Shortening, melted
- 10 oz Water, hot (140°F)
- 1 oz Vanilla extract
- American Almond® macaroon crunch as needed
- Fry the doughnuts in batches.
- Drain them briefly then transfer them to a glazing screen while still hot.
- Let the doughnuts cool.
- To make the vanilla fudge icing, blend the sugar, salt and corn syrup. Beat until smooth.
- Add the melted shortening and blend well.
- Add the hot water and vanilla and blend well. If the fudge is too stiff, it may be thinned with simple syrup. Use before the icing cools.
- Quickly dip each doughnut into warm vanilla fudge icing then into the American Almond® macaroon crunch.
- Cool the almond brittle crunch doughnuts on a rack until the glaze is set.