Yield: 50 to 55 Chocolate Bonbons
For the Pistachio Marzipan Bonbons:
- 11 oz American Almond® marzipan
- 2 oz American Almond® pistachio paste
- 0.5 oz Kirsch
- 32 oz Barry Callebaut® 811 or 835 NV bittersweet chocolate couverture for enrobing
- American Almond® pistachio brittle crunch as needed
- In a mixing bowl fitted with paddle attachment combine the American Almond® marzipan and pistachio pastes until well blended. Scrape the bowl as needed.
- Add the Kirsch and mix until combined.
- Remove from machine and sprinkle the paste with powdered sugar. Roll out the paste between two sheets of firm acetate to a thickness of approximately 1/3 inch.
- Remove the top layer of acetate. To ensure easy enrobing, spread the paste with a thin layer of tempered chocolate or melted cocoa butter.
- Cut the paste into the desired shapes and then enrobe the paste in the tempered Callebaut Bittersweet chocolate couverture. Immediately place a piece of acetate on top of each bonbon covering approximately 75% of its surface. Decorate the uncovered section of each bonbon with American Almond® pistachio brittle crunch.
- Once the chocolate has crystallized, remove the acetate.