Yield: Approximately 3 dozen cookies
For the Cookies:
- 1 3/4 c All-purpose flour
- 1/2 c Whole wheat flour
- 1 t Baking powder
- 6 oz Unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 c Love’n Bake® hazelnut praline paste
- 1/3 c Light brown sugar
- 1 Whole egg
- 1 t Vanilla
- 1/2 c Raspberry, apricot, or other jam as needed
- Ground hazelnuts or almonds or coarse sanding sugar, optional
- Stir together the flours and baking powder.
- Beat the butter on medium speed in the bowl of a mixer fitted with the paddle. Scrape down the bowl then add the Love’n Bake® hazelnut praline paste. Cream the butter and hazelnut praline on medium speed until well blended. Scrape the bowl then beat in the sugar.
- Add the egg and vanilla. Scrape the bowl then add the flour mixture, blending only until the flour is moistened.
Gather the dough into a ball. Wrap it in plastic and refrigerate it for at least one hour before baking.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease two baking sheets or line them with parchment paper.
- Use a tablespoon cookie scoop to portion the dough. Roll each piece of dough into a ball. Toss each ball of dough into chopped hazelnuts or almonds or coarse sanding sugar then place them on the prepared baking sheets spaced 2 inches apart. Press your thumb or the end of a wooden spoon into the center of each ball of dough.
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes until lightly golden and firm. Cool the cookies on a wire rack. Fill the cooled cookies with raspberry or apricot jam or other fillings.