Yield: 32 truffles
For the Truffles:
- 1 t Instant espresso powder
- 1 t Boiling water
- 1 can Love’n Bake® Marzipan
- 2 oz Unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 1/2 c Mini chocolate chips
- 8 oz Bittersweet chocolate, melted
- Espresso beans as needed
- Dissolve the espresso powder in the boiling water.
- Place the Love’n Bake® Marzipan in a large bowl. Break it up then add the melted unsweetened chocolate. Knead in the chocolate until it is uniformly distributed throughout the marzipan. Add the espresso solution. Knead it in until well distributed.
- Working on a silicone mat or a work surface lightly dusted with confectioner’s sugar, roll the marzipan into a log. Use measuring spoons to portion the marzipan into 1 ½ teaspoon sized portions. Roll each portion of the marzipan into a smooth ball.
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or with parchment paper.
- Pour the mini chocolate chips into a shallow plate.
- Insert a toothpick into one of the balls of marzipan. Dip it into the melted bittersweet chocolate so that the marzipan is covered two thirds of the way with chocolate. Hold the dipped candy over the bowl so that the excess chocolate drips off. Then dip the candy into the mini chocolate chips.
- Place the dipped marzipan onto the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with all of the marzipan candies.
- Press an espresso bean into each truffle to cover the hole made by the toothpick.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or more until the chocolate coating is firm.
- Serve immediately. Or pack the truffles into an airtight container and keep refrigerated until ready to serve. These candies will keep for up to 2 weeks when refrigerated.
- For variation, dip the truffles into white chocolate before coating in mini chocolate chips.