Yield: Approximately 3 dozen bars
For the Crust:
- 10 oz Love’n Bake® almond paste
- 1/3 c Granulated sugar
- 4 oz Unsalted butter, softened
- 1 Whole egg
- 1/2 c All-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 c Graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 t Salt
For the Filling:
- 16 oz Cream cheese, soft at room temperature
- 1/2 c Granulated sugar
- 2 Whole eggs
- 1 t Vanilla extract
- 3/4 c Sour cream
- 3 c Canned cherry pie filling or fresh berries as needed
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF. Grease or line a deep 9 x 13-inch sheet or pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- To prepare the crust: Beat the Love’n Bake® almond paste and the 1/3 cup sugar in the bowl of a mixer fitted with the paddle until blended. Beat in the softened butter then scrape the bowl and beat in the egg. Gently blend in the flour, Graham Cracker crumbs, and salt.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Pack it down evenly and firmly. Bake the crust until set and lightly golden, about 15 minutes.
- To make the filling: Beat the softened cream cheese and the 1/2 cup of sugar in the bowl of a mixer on low speed until blended. Scrape the bowl then add the eggs and vanilla, mixing until smooth. Fold in the sour cream. Spoon into the prepared pan and spread evenly over the crust.
- Bake on the center rack of the oven until the cheese filling begins to turn golden along the edges, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cool completely then top with the cherry pie filling. (OR portion the cheesecake into bars then top each bar with cherry pie filling or fresh berries as we have done in the photo.)
- Chill again then cut into small squares or bars.