Yield: 2 to 3 Servings, 12 ounces
- 1/2 c Ice cubes
- 2 T American Almond® Almond Marzipan
- 1 c Ripe strawberries, hulled
- 1/2 c Milk
- Place the ice cubes in a blender, cover and grind until the ice is partially crushed about 15 seconds. Add the American Almond® Marzipan, milk and strawberries. (Quarter the strawberries if they are oversized.)
- Blend until the mixture is smooth and frothy, about 1 minute. (Generally, when you no longer hear ice rattling in the blender, the mixture is smooth.)
- Pour into two or three chilled glasses. Garnish with a sprig of mint if desired and serve immediately.
Strawberry Almond Rum Smoothie – Once the smoothie is blended, add 6 ounces light rum. Blend for a few seconds. Fill three glasses with crushed ice and divide the Strawberry Almond Smoothie between the glasses.