Yield: About 1 1/2 dozen small bars
For the Chocolate Blackout Crumb Bars:
- 1 stick Unsalted butter
- 1 c All-purpose flour
- 1/4 c Brown sugar, tightly packed
- 1/4 t Salt
- 1 c American Almond® chocolate schmear filling
- Grease a 9-inch square pan with butter and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Beat the butter in a large mixing bowl until creamy. Beat in the flour, sugar, and salt until well mixed. Reserve ½ cup of the crumb mixture. With floured hands press the remaining crumbs into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake in a preheated 350ºF oven until edges are golden brown, approximately 10 to 12 minutes.
- Spread the baked crust with the Chocolate Schmear. Sprinkle the reserved crumbs over the chocolate. Continue baking the pastry until the crumbs have browned approximately 25 to 30 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack then cut into chocolate blackout crumb bars.